11.15.2009

2nd Metatarsal Stress Fracture

It's official. Results back the other day confirmed my fears via a MRI. I have a stress fracture in the second metatarsal of my left foot.

Think of bending a pencil... it may not necessarily break, but it does receive small cracks along the surface. One of those cracks would be akin to a stress fracture. The pain is very acute and has been very localized to a specific point along the top of my foot (approx where the arrow is in picture). It is at it's worst when I apply pressure to the ball of my foot, thereby putting upward pressure on the break.



In the mean time, I'll be in das Boot for at least the next 3-4 weeks. I'm already attempted to swim a little, but in moderation. No kicking, flip turns, or pushing off the wall... in otherwords, lame. Otherwise I don't anticipate much physical activity until I feel more comfortable on my foot.

Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment