2.08.2009

66 bottles of beer on the wall...

I had a number of solid workouts this past week. 66 miles in total.

Unfortunately, I felt like I ruined it at the end of the week by drinking waaay too much over the weekend and not getting enough sleep (typical).

I started the week feeling some aches and pains. Mostly my left shin and my right hip adductors were extremely tight. A massage on Thursday helped to clear some of that up, but the hip/groin is still lingering right now.
In general, great runs though. And the weather FINALLY broke at the end of the week. I don't think I've seen anything north of 20 degrees in the past month. Saturday's long run was the first run in shorts since December.

Review of workouts:
S - 9mi "easy"... totally got out of hand though w/ 1/2 the run avg <6:45.
M - 5mi tempo, 9 mi total in some nasty wind - avg'd 5:45 for the tempo.
T - 9mi moderate on the treadmill - avg'd 6:35.
W - 7mi TRAAAACK!! Indoor track at Depaul - 8x600 @ :38's.
T - 4mi garbage on the treadmill.
F - 9mi easier.
S - 19mi Barrington... 9 @ 7:15-:30, 3 @ 6:45, 4 @ 6:15-:25, 3 @ 7:15.

Saturday's long run was key - 19 miles on the hills in Barrington with a pickup in the middle. I felt very strong the whole way, in spite of running 9mi the night before, then going out for Verdo's birthday and getting only like 6hrs of sleep.

This was my biggest week since before the Berlin Marathon in September. It's also my second week in a row in the mid-60's, and forth week mid-50's+. I've had a number of others in the mid-40's. I haven't taken a cut back week in a while... it's been more of a steady climb. My goal would be to press through the next week and a half, then pull back for my ski trip to Colorado. After that, mileage will likely bounce up and down to compensate for March Madness & Shamrock Shuffle.

Boston Marathon is a little over 10 weeks away.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you in Boston! Can't believe its getting so close.

    ReplyDelete