1.05.2011

A moment for Sandy

This New Year got off to a bit of a rough start, but it is getting better by the day....

Sarah and I threw a New Years Eve party and it was an absolute blast!! About 30 people attended at one point or another. Unfortunately you can only control so much, and a couple of jag-off's show up as guests of a guest. We didn't know these guys. Both did seem a bit shifty.

Low and behold, at 2am, my car was missing from the garage!! It turns out that they took the keys off the key rack, walked out while no one was looking, and sped off.

Yep, you read that correctly.... we invite people into our home for a nice little get-together and celebrate the New Year, and they fucking steal my car!!!! Ummm, OK, that's a little different than just snagging a few CD's or an IPod... which you wouldn't think any of your friends would take anyway... but when you throw in a few guests of a guest....

Goods news though: It was recovered the following day (albeit, kidi-corner to Cabrini Green w/ all the keys in it). No significant damage that I can tell, other than some rips to the interior fabric and weather stripping. I'm getting the car checked out next week to determine if any mechanical work needs to be done.

I love that car - I basically own my dream car... or at least my child hood dream car. To have some dick head rip that away from me is unconscionable. I'm still in shock. Fortunately, she came back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment