4.26.2011

It's been a slice, now get back to work!

A couple weeks have passed now since Rotterdam.

The first week was spent vacationing in Europe with Sarah. An awesome trip! We left Rotterdam the day after the marathon, and went to Amsterdam. Spent 24 hours there (24 hours too much!), then flew down to Rome for 5 days...

Rome is amazing. I love that city. Potentially one of the greatest city in the world... and we did it right. Stayed in a swanky hotel near the Spanish Steps. Walked the entire city. Saw as much of the history as possible. Sarah took something like 2,000 photos. Ate great food. Tons of pizza! Drank lots of cappuccinos, wine, and limoncello. Smoked some Cubans. Spent way too much $$ shopping. My only regret was I didn't eat enough gelato.

I ran once while in Rome. A great little run in the park, on top of Piazza del Popolo / Spanish Steps. The views were incredible from up there!

----------

Since Europe, I'm slowly getting back into it in Chicago. 35 miles last week, including a 15 mile run. Like all post-marathon runs, the first couple were laboring and full of soreness. I think I've finally kicked all that out of the system. Now I just need to improve upon my diet! (I've been eating like crap!)

From an injury perspective, I'm feeling decent. No major aches or pains at the moment. Although, my glutes and hamstrings seem extremely tight... Otherwise nothing other than your standard post-marathon lethargy, which is getting better. I've even broke out the Vibram Five Fingers a few times while going easy.

The next month will be all about trying to maintain my fitness. Upcoming target races are the Green Bay Half Marathon on May 15th, followed by the Soldier Field 10 on May 28th.

My goals are still up in the air, but a sub 1:15 effort in Green Bay would be awesome. That's gonna require me to get back into the 60's for mileage, plus spin the wheels on the track. I don't have a lot of time.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment