5.10.2011

I can tempo, but can I race?

It's been almost a month since my marathon, and I'm gradually getting my stride back.

Last week I hit 72 miles. It all felt pretty decent too. I even threw in a few core workouts, which I'm trying to do more regularly now.

Last night I rolled a tempo run (2 weeks in a row now).
My goal was to hit some sort of half marathon'esq pace. I did that and then some... 6 miles at 5:47, 5:45, 5:44, 5:40, 5:38, 5:30... a 5:40.7 average. I gradually just pulled the trigger, getting faster and faster. It might've even been a tempo-paced PR for me...? I don't typically go that fast. A slight headwind in the second half made that final mile hurt. It definitely wasn't as easy as I wanted.

This all leads me to the question:

What the hell am I going to run in Green Bay???

I'm just starting to get the mileage back up after a handful of lame weeks. Plus I still haven't been to the track yet! I do feel alright, but I don't think I'm ready to hammer this thing.

My PR set last year was 1:14:50 = 5:42.5 pace. ...The thought of running what I did last night, and then tacking on another 7 miles makes me sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment