12.02.2011

Where are the jitters?

So I'm sitting here on my flight out to Sacramento, and I'm realizing that I'm about to embark on yet another 26.2 mile journey.

Oddly enough, I've barely been worried about this one. All week long, I've been waiting for the pre-marathon jitters to come, and ...nothing. Weird.

Maybe I've been trying to ignore the uncertainty in my training? Maybe it's because Thanksgiving really derailed my thoughts of running a marathon? Maybe it's because it'll be my 14th time going the distance and I'm just that nonchalant about it?

Maybe it's because I've been so focused with the volatility in the markets that I've unintentionally nuked my ability to have emotions?

...I'm actually concerned about this on a grander scale with my life... I feel like I'm seriously suppressing my emotions all around right now, because who really cares about a damn marathon when we have approximately $700 TRILLION in currency, credit and various derivative swaps outstanding worldwide -completely unregulated and unchecked, especially since not a single one of those major 30 or so monster world-wide institutions have to worry about EVER going bankrupt, so left they're betting the house every second of every day... and the fractional reserve banking system just continues to multiply at eye popping rates... and sovereigns all over the world are only promoting this model so we can perpetuate the status quo and lobbyists' interests. And all anyone wants to do is try to kick the can father down the road... well it's no longer a can, it's now an anvil and you simply can't kick it anymore.

Our entire worldwide fiat ponzi is staring down the barrel of a bazooka and it's only a matter of time until one little itchy trigger finger from thousands of miles away says "I need to unload." We're talking the brink of complete financial meltdown feels like it's days, if not weeks, months, or just a couple years away... (it changes by the minute...)

And worst thing is... nobody cares or even knows what's about to hit us. Fucked up beyond comprehension. OR - Maybe I should stop thinking on my own or reading
http://www.zerohedge.com/ and just join the comatose status quo and ignore the numbers?

OK OK... I try not to rant about the market here, but I think I just figured out why I haven't been the least bit concerned about my marathon so far... I'm sitting on this plane right now, far more concerned about euros, aussie-yen crosses, brent-WTI oil, MLP spreads, interest rates, money printing, etc... let alone what "Merkozy" comes up with this weekend, ...than I am about putting my body through 26.2 miles of agony.

This is about 24 months in the making for me. The last 6 months especially, I've gone to sleep every night not knowing if tomorrow will bring financial armageddon, not knowing which too-big-to-fail bank or world power is on the brink of disaster, not knowing if I'll have a job... not knowing what sort of civil fallout ensues WHEN the house of cards truly collapses and people realize what sort of sham we've been trying to perpetuate. Don't bother asking about my "Five Year Plan"... I have trouble thinking about my "Five Month Plan".

SO, cool as a cucumber about CIM... not so much about the markets. I have less than 36 hours to get my shit straight and focus on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment