10.12.2012

This is why I run.

Days like today...

Yesterday was complete garbage mileage after Wednesday's track workout. I'm a day away from having 95 miles on the week. It's a bump up, so I'm tired and sore.

I left the office building for an easy 10 miles at lunch. I was anticipating a snail's pace given how tired I felt. It took a few miles to get going and loosen up. At like 3 miles in, I started to think that I might go 11 miles instead of 10. At 4 miles in, I was thinking maybe I'd do 12. I still felt sluggish, but in a good way. Then I started to gradually pick up my pace. I passed the turn for 12 and decided I was going 13 miles. I completely shut everything around me out and got into a really nice rhythm.

Next thing I knew, I was doing a progression run and dropped 3 miles sub-6. So much for being sore and tired. It was so smooth. One of those rare days that only come every so often.

On my mile cool down through the city streets, I realized that I just ate a half marathon for lunch... and was still hungry for more.

This is why I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment