10.08.2012

THE Chicago Marathon

I'm still in my building phase for Philly, but today was Marathon Day here in Chicago.

The weather was absolutely perfect (it figures)... I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't able to race, but I was still able to have a great day and participate. I paced teammate, Scott Laumann for the first 15 miles of the race. We averaged 6:00.0, but had been gradually pulling the trigger all the way. First 3 miles were around 6:05ish, and the last 9 miles with him were at a 5:56 avg and getting faster. We pulled through the half at 1:18:40. For me, it was a great 15 mile workout that essentially averaged MGP.

Some seriously impressive results from 3 of my training partners...
Scott has been in break-out mode and has become an insanely fast masters runner. He's knocked about 40 minutes off of his marathon PR since he started training with us. Justin Jackson ran his very first marathon today... He's beyond my comprehension of the word fast and far more capable than what he ran, but had a very nice and conservative race. Not a lot of guys negative split on their first marathon! Anu Parekh also ran an extremely conservative race... another huge PR and probably one of the biggest negative splits that I've ever seen.

All three of these guys will be in Boston with me next year. I'm looking forward to training with them and seeing how much more they progress.

Scott Laumann - Half 1:18:40 / Full 2:37:29
Justin Jackson - Half 1:23:51 / Full 2:47:25
Anu Parekh - Half 1:27:23 / Full 2:50:41

Congrats to all Chicago Marathoners today!

No comments:

Post a Comment