12.22.2012

Sick and 2,500

I've been sick for the past week...

And FWIW, when I say sick, I mean epically sick. Wednesday was the first day in my 13 years of a professional career that I actually had to take a sick day. Fur real. 13 years with out a single sick day. And then out of the blue - BAM!.

The impregnable wall hath been penetrated. I NEVER get sick, and fell pretty hard this past week. The nastiest 72 hour flu I've had in ages. Probably a 3 or 4 time in my life type of illness (BTW, that's not a complaint - I just never get sick, but when I do, the world comes to an end... no pun intended as it's now 12/22/12).

Anyway, that's kind of a bummer as I was just beginning to feel better about my running since Philly. I was hitting some 40s leading into the holidays, and feeling comfortable again. Nothing fancy, but decent maintenance miles. The flu made that all come to a grinding halt.

Going into Christmas and heading back to Buffalo, I did the quick math. The good news is that I just crossed 2500 miles this week, in spite of being sick. The bad news is Boston is a mere 17 weeks away now. Of course, it's crazy to concern myself with mid-April as I'm starring at Christmas at the moment. Starting the latter half of this coming week though, I'll need to start getting rolling again.

In the mean time, I'm excited to go home tomorrow and see the family. Merry Christmas, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment