7.07.2014

June Recap

June was much of the same as my May Recap. Life kinda took over with my running and training became largely an afterthought.

Work was flooded with the Opal Emerging Managers Summit, and then dealing with quarter's end.

I basically moved TWICE... once into the Caldwell Compound for a brief two week stint, then finally into the new condo. Talking about a nightmare to close, but I'm finally home :)



Road tripped down to North Carolina for Jason and Dawn Kedzuch's wedding. I drove Sandy Dunkel, and we had an absolute blast ripping up the Tail of the Dragon and a bunch of other twisty Smokey Mountain roads.



And lastly, long time family friend, Mark Lewandowski came to visit in Chicago. We played tourists for a long weekend... hit a Cubs game, took the river boat tour, walked up and down the city, smoked stogies, drank great scotch, etc.

Everything has basically been garbage mileage for the past couple months. Now that a hectic June is out of the way, I'm able to re-focus more on my training.

I'm sitting on one good week of running (69 miles, including a 22:12 at 4 on the 4th). This is my starting point for Berlin, which is late September. I'll be looking to keep those mid-60s/70s throughout July. Hopefully hit a few small races along the way, otherwise focus on quality miles. August and early September will be the real meat of my training. It's not a huge ramp, but it should be sufficient to roll a solid race. If I can keep it together, I might even be able to go for a PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment