7.19.2010

Hitting a Wall

Pulling the plug on tonight's run. My running has been going well lately, but mentally I've hit a wall:

  • I've been getting my ass completely handed to me at work. I can't stop losing money. Today was another doozie. Market goes down, I lose money. Market goes up, I lose money. If the market goes down and then up in any given day, I lose even more money. Shorts are killing me, longs are killing me. It makes absolutely no sense. In theory, I should be slaying it with my bets, yet for some fucking reasons beyond my control (too many to potential to list here), I'm stuck in a horribly perfect storm working against me... The world fucking hates me, and it's been steadily getting worse for the last month and a half. I've had like 8 up days out of the last 32 trading days. Pathetic. Depressing. I feel like there's no cure. It's wearing on me.

    Up until now, I've been able to ignore it and run through it. Today I can't. All I can do is hope that tomorrow I can cope with it better.

  • I've had total garbage for sleep lately. 6 hours a night for the last week+, and it's clearly catching up with me. It's making me even more cranky from work.

  • Lack of sleep and uber stress with work has my body literally feeling sore and bloated today. This is a wall that I can't run through... at least not today. The last thing I need is to disappoint myself with a shitty tempo run.

  • My solution: spend the evening with Sarah, make dinner, watch TV, totally vege out, and kill my $100 bottle of Del Dotto 2005 Napa Cabernet. Try again tomorrow.

    1 comment:

    1. wishing you best of luck. just keep your chin up and keep going. got me through the worst of times :) aloha, T

      ReplyDelete