9.10.2010

Mid-term Exam

Front end loaded this week so I can get some rest and recover before Sunday's Chicago 1/2 Marathon. I'm taking a whopping 1 day off (today), and then doing a measly recovery run tomorrow. I'll still be in the low 60's for the week.

Today is much needed. It's my first day off since August 26th and basically my second in the last month. After the PF5 on Monday, I'm feeling it. Looking back, in the last 7 days I have 87 miles. Not ridiculous, but the most I've put in a 7 day stretch in 12 months. Left shin, right knee, left ITB are all tender.

This weekend's half marathon will be my first time running the distance since
last year's Chicago 1/2. Unfortunately that course was slightly long, otherwise it would've been a PR for me. Hoping that they've sorted their shit out this year. It pisses me off beyond belief when a race distance is incorrect. (I mean seriously, how difficult it is to measure a course??)

This should be a great mid-term exam to see where I am with my training, but I have no idea what to expect. A) I'm pretty much running through it with 87 miles in the last 7 days, and coming off a mini-peak. B) I've had basically no racing to gauge myself. C) My track work has been handicapped by the summer weather, so I have no idea what kind of speed is under me. I'm just trying to go into the thing with no expectations, and if it feels good then I can go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment