10.04.2010

Bucktown 5K

I can't say that I'm overly proud of this, but I did PR my 5k over the weekend... 16:45.

My 5K is pathetic. I don't race them often, and when I do it's not fun. Too much pain. I enjoy easing into a race, and there's nothing about easing into a 5K. It feels way too much like a sprint right off the line.

In theory I should be running 30 seconds faster in my 5K. Granted, I did run 22 miles the day before this race, but that's not the point. The point is, it's taken me 2-1/2 years to PR a 5k, and yesterday I couldn't fathom going any faster - regardless of how sore or fresh I was. Hell, my pace probably isn't much different for a 5K than a 5 mile race! Sad.

I guess I chalk it up and say that I've built myself in to a distance machine. I endure more like a turtle than a rabbit.

Bucktown 5K:
1- 5:21
2- 5:28
3- 5:18
.1- 0:37
= 16:45 (5:24 avg)

-------------------------------------

Separately - I've been banged up the last several days. I clearly pushed too hard in too short of a period with my
101. I had a lot of quality amidst quantity and as a result my calves have been extremely sore for a handful of days now. Sarah has really helped a lot with her massage work. I am finally feeling better today. I'm not hitting the speed button again until Wednesday... if even then. I need quantity this week and can't afford to take another day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment