11.05.2010

Like it or not, it's go time.

I'm still not feeling 100%.

Out of the 4 runs this week, Monday was my best (a measly 4 miles at RP, and it still didn't feel easy). Since then, I've kinda been lumbering through everything else. I'm still feeling trashed.

Last night was 2x 1 mile amidst rain, wind, and hail. A 5:52 was into a ridiculous head wind, followed by a 5:35 while being pelted by hail! I cut the workout short and skipped my strides because it was so annoying. Not an ideal pre-marathon workout.

We're taking off in a few hours. Flying with Sarah, Jason, and Jamie. I'm heading to New York with feelings of disappointment and discouragement after chomping at the bit for the last 4 months. I know I've put in the work... way more than I have for any other race. I know I should be able to do what I'm setting out to do... But will my body let me? Have I recovered enough? ...As much preparation as I've done, as I sit here now, I'm feeling incredibly insecure and even frightened of what's to lie ahead.

It's all gonna boil down to: Can I toe that line feeling fresh on Sunday morning? Can I loosen up enough in the first couple miles to not only push the pace when needed, but merely maintain my pace in spite of headwinds and rolling hills? Can I keep my heart rate under control?!

Miles of trials and an ultimate trial of miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment