4.17.2014

At least a couple straws of hay are in the barn...

Taper time!! Yaaayyy!! Well not really. I'm basically running through Boston... but I am gonna allow tomorrow off. Why taper, when I just started training a few weeks ago? Ugh.

Well a few good things with this week's running: I'm still sitting on about 65 miles in the last 7 days... basically a week and a half up there.  I've also had 3 up-paced runs this week:
- Monday included 5 miles of tempo @ 6:00ish (more like my typical MGP).
- Wednesday had 4x1000 @ 3:10ish + a bunch of strides (might've been short?).
- Tonight had 13 miles progression. I didn't wear a watch, so I have no idea how fast I was going, but I'm pretty sure the last 3 were roughly 6:20, 6:10, sub-6. I felt strong the whole way.

And with that, I can say that my 3-1/2 week mini-binge of running is complete. Most importantly is that I survived relatively unscathed... a little tight and sore, but that's to be expected after this ramp up.  Otherwise something I never thought would be possible a little over a month ago.

So Friday will be a recovery day. Saturday, I'll run the BAA 5K... who knows what that shit show will look like... but it'll give me an idea of what to expect in the marathon. Sunday, I'll shakeout a couple miles with guys on the team. Monday, a 26.2 mile jog from Hopkinton to Boylston St.

No comments:

Post a Comment