3.11.2009

I can't get no sleep!

I feel like my #1 problem in training is my lack of sleep. Considering I have full time job that requires a highly stressful >50 hours / week, and requires me to wake up at 5:50ish AM... I don't know of an easy solution. To boot, when I attempt to socialize and go out during the weekends, I often pay the price by not being able to fall asleep on Sunday nights. That insomnia can carry through for a few days.

Hence my recovery suffers, and when I start bumping up my mileage w/o the recovery and sleep, I start feeling the growing pains. The insomnia feeds upon itself.

This latest problem child: some sort of annoying knot in my hip that just won't seem to quit. In addition, I'm now feeling like I'm getting sick. A nasty head-cold... full of coughing, a stuffy nose, and splitting headache.

Some very strong workouts in the last couple weeks - including a very comforting 7x 1200's on Monday night at 77-78's (basically my estimated Shamrock / 5:30 pace). Cary kicks things off this coming weekend on Sunday. I'm praying for sleep, this cold to give up, and my hip to wang itself out... otherwise, I fear that my latest push to step up my training is all for nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment