3.06.2009

What's coursing?


Great clip! --excellent song to run to, and ya gotta love the pikey by Mickey.

In spite of missing last Sunday's run and not manning up for a double, I should still hit about 73 this week. I'm a bit sore and I wish I would've spaced it out more with a double, but I should manage alright. A massage sometime next week should help a lot.

11 more to go tonight with some race pace for 4-5mi, and then 21 tomorrow AM in Barrington. The weather is awesome in Chicago for the moment... 60 degrees, light wind, and sunny blue skies. I haven't seen that in probably 6 months!! Luckily I'll be able to take advantage tonight. Tomorrow will be complete shit though - I'm expecting that 21 miles to be in a steady rain w/ 40 degrees and wind. Ugh.

Next week's looking pretty ugly - 2 track workouts, a mid-week 16 miler, wanting to still top 70, and then the Cary 1/2 Marathon on 3/15. I'm still not sure how I'll treat that race... I'm guessing very conservatively considering the mileage that I want to keep up before and after the race.

....and then there's the fact that "St Patrick's Month" is starting to kick off here. Probably the most drunken 3 weeks of the year for the city. I'm attempting to avoid it at all costs. We'll see how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment