2.26.2010

Back in the 50s

Way back when, I used to put in some decent mileage.

It seems like ages ago, but that's finally starting to come back now.

I've run 6 of the last 7 days for a total of 54 miles. I've also had 2 good runs so far this week, both of which included 4 miles of progression, hit down into the mid 5:50's.

The nice thing is that none of this was overly taxing, and my cardio is starting to feel more "normal". After taking a series of days off last week to help with my shin splints, I'm feeling much better this week.

Thanks to lots of lower leg strengthening, Sarah and her magical massage work, and some acupuncture... my shin splits have eased up. Far from 100% gone, but manageable at this point.

Also, earlier this week I had my final visit with Dr Baker. X-ray's confirmed that any remaining calcium deposits (aka repair work) around the fracture have fully cleared up. I officially have a clean bill of health for my stress fracture. I haven't had any foot pain in well over week... no aching or soreness whatsoever. All in, that ordeal was 17 weeks long. A nasty and costly learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment