2.28.2010

Who would've thought a hangover would help my running?

Sarah's birthday party + viele Stiegl Bieren + coupla Jameson shots = OOUCH!!

Saturday morning I was a waste case. It hurt. No way was I able to pull myself together to run my long run. I was probably so dehydrated that I would've bonked badly, or too brain dead that I would've tripped or done something ridiculously stupid.

Anyway, so as an attempt to nurse the hangover, I loaded up on some Aleve throughout the day and got some rest. Strangely, I think all the Aleve actually flushed some of the inflammation out of my shins, and the day off probably also helped.

The result... I ran the 18 today and felt great! No significant pains, and felt strong the whole way. Shins were good. I've jumped up in my long runs pretty quick here, and they're actually feeling good.

This week is now front loaded with a long run. I should be able to pull together 70+ miles, and top it off with a 20 miler run on the hills in Barrington. It'll definitely be a "get involved" kinda week. Not sure what kind of speed I'll do yet, but I'm FINALLY starting to pull together some decent runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment