2.07.2010

Trials of Miles

Ran 15 yesterday. That's the longest run I've had since the marathon in October. It definitely wasn't easy.

My shins have been hurting me for the last several days, it was like 20-25 degrees, wind was incredibly annoying... and to top it off, I was a bit hung over.

I'd really like to say that this was one of those "growing" runs... where I'm stronger for having finished it than before... and now that it's out of the way, I feel much better. But no, it hurt too much. It was just a reminder of of out of shape I am.

3 weeks of mid-30's running... nothing all that special, but the foot is coming along nicely. No pains there, but as I said my shins are pretty banged up. Sarah's worked on them a few times and it really seems to be helping... but I'm still having to stop a couple times during a run to stretch my calves and quickly massage them.

I still feel like garbage running though. Up to 10 miles feels fine. Anything over 10-12 feel too much work. I still have yet to do a speed workout... I need a few more weeks of building before I'm willing to push it.

My simple goal for this next week will be to get beyond that.

No comments:

Post a Comment