3.08.2011

Running out of time

Rotterdam coming up quickly and my race is at risk, unless I can seriously pull myself together in the next 3 weeks. I have 1 month until I toe the line.

I had a very regrettable mistake last week: I skipped my Friday night run. I was tired, I had an insane week at work, I've been very stressed lately... blah blah blah... Cry me a river. I finished the week 10 miles short, and only at 63. I would've been 73 for the week (and 2 weeks in a row >70), which is still pathetic... but certainly better than a measly 63.

Mistakes like this leave me running out of time and under-training. I really should in the mid-80's right now and making a push for mid-90's. Instead I'm essentially at 70 and making a push for mid-80's.

Yes, I've gotten myself back into a nice little base of let's say 60 miles, but that won't cut a sub-2:40 marathon. I need peak miles. I need aggressive running (via tempos and intervals), and I need mid-week long runs. I'm missing the latter two, and hence missing a quality build towards my peak.

I ran 6 tempo last night. It wasn't even tempo, since my overall pace was still slower than my half-marathon pace. It definitely didn't feel easy. Furthermore, I should be running 8 mile tempos right now, not 6's.

The
Cary Half Marathon is next weekend, and I can't even fathom running a half marathon right now. That pace makes my stomach churn.

The only thing I have going for me is the fact that I'm not injured (knock on wood!)... I'm not feeling totally fresh or in incredible shape, but at least I'm not running in pain.

Whatever. There's always
Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment