3.19.2011

Unintended PR

Hit 106 miles in 7 days.

It's the result of cramming in order to give me one recovery day in between my long and the Cary 1/2 Marathon. The week included 2 long runs of 22 miles each. I also had 1 double giving me 14 miles, and 2 other days of 14 miles. It wasn't all just big miles either... I had 7 miles of tempo, and 20x 400's.

I actually handled it all pretty well. No major aches or pains as of now.

Weather for tomorrow's race will be 10-15 mph winds, 40 degrees, and probable showers. On the heels of 106 miles, I'm not expecting much other than a long tempo run. I'll be happy to produce something sub-5:50 pace, though that might even be optimistic.

I still have one final big week of training next week. Getting through 90 more miles uninjured is far more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment