6.05.2009

3 times a charm

In the last 3 weeks, I've had 3 very deep tissue massages from the master of disaster, which have been very successful at loosening up the junk around my iliac crest... I've had 3 acupuncture sessions, which the last one had a pretty funky e-stim applied to some of the needles (my initial reaction was oouch, but it really did force a couple of the muscles to release and reset)... and I've had some success doing some of my own massage work to help loosen up my glutes a lot more.

All of that combined: my last 3 runs have all been the most pain free runs that I've had since the week before the Cary 1/2 marathon! ...that's nearly 3 months!!

I'm trying to keep a level head and keep the reins in, because I know I'm not 100% yet - there's still a lot of stiffness and soreness in my hip - but running actually feels good again and I want to roll.

All of the miles lately have been in somewhat easier, in the 6:45-7:15 range as I'm still trying to get my turnover and endurance back. This week will finally be 40+ miles again. Then assuming all system's go... there's no turning back. I'll start to reintroduce some light speed next week,
MC200 next weekend, and back in the 60's in a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment